Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Robert11 Robert11 is offline

Default Culling, Or Selecting, Part Of A Number In A Cell

Hello:

I have a column of numbers, the numbers being 10 digits wide in each cell.

I would like to "cut", or cull, 4 digits from part of each number, and save
them
to a different column.

(In other words, to divide the column into two columns with part of the
number(s) in each)

I seem to remember that there was a vertical line that you could call up to
place between two digits in a cell that would separate the cell at that
point into two columns.

One of the Format commands, I think, but can't seem to find it anymore.

Any suggestions on how to do this ?

Thanks,
Bob