Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
KathyC KathyC is offline

Default How to Draw a chart line connecting 2 points in the middle of the series

Hi........I'm fairly new to VBA coding, so forgive me if I'm missing
something very basic!

I've created an embedded chart on my sheet called "ClickChart" that's
using data on another worksheet (that has other embedded charts on it).

The ClickChart's Logarithmic Line chart plots a stock's price over the
user-inputted date range. My goal is to plot user-inputted High, Low,
and Average GrowthRate lines for that stock. So far, using Jon
Peletier's instructions (thanks!),I have captured the endpoint info
(date, price) with the MouseUp event and placed it on the worksheet,
but now I'm not sure how to draw the line between the endpoints.

I've tried adding another series with just the 2 points, but the line
is not plotted anywhere near correctly. When I change that series' x
values to just the 2 dates, then the Price lines goes away entirely.

I'd love to know how the heck to do this! If I haven't given you
enough info, let me know.

Thanks much,

KathyC