KG

Can the following code (which I believe you also provided in recent months)
be used in tandem with the sheet protection code:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim pt As PivotTable

On Error Resume Next
ws.Unprotect Password:="SecretWord"
For Each pt In ws.PivotTables
pt.RefreshTable
Next
ws.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True, _
Password:="SecretWord"
Next

End Sub

If so, I presume the above code would go into "This Workbook." However I
already have the following short code in "This Workbook" and I am confused
whether or not the two pieces will need to be a single, continuous
"Workbook_open" code:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
UserForm1.Show
Sheets("Instructions").Select
Range("A1").Select
End Sub

Thank you for your help.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Instead of setting the pivot tables to 'refresh on open', you could
refresh the pivot tables programmatically. Create a macro to unprotect
the sheets, refresh the pivot tables, and reprotect the sheets.

KG wrote:
I received the following code from Debra Dalgleish, to password protect all
worksheets, setting certain exceptions for objects, etc.

Public Sub ProtectAll()

Const PWORD As String = "mysecretword"
Dim wsSheet As Worksheet
For Each wsSheet In Worksheets
wsSheet.Protect Password:=PWORD, _
DrawingObjects:=False, _
AllowFiltering:=True, _
AllowUsingPivotTables:=True
Next wsSheet
End Sub

It works well, except for one thing: when I open the file, I get an error
message which emanates from the fact that I have selected "refresh
automatically" in the Pivot Table Options (the problem disappears when I
deselect the auto refresh box). I really don't want to disable that feature,
therefore, for the time being I go to the worksheet containing the Pivot
Table and manually remove all protection.

I presume that there is a way to resolve this conflict with VBA.

Thanks for your help.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List