Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
come_mon_come_mon! come_mon_come_mon! is offline

Default How to get rid of web page objects ?

Hi,

I often need to copy some data from internet home page for further
processing e.g. list of computer hardware components listed as table in
various web sites. It's easy by just highlighting the concerned area in
opened html file then use windows copy & paste function to paste them
into opened excel worksheet. However the problem begins. Such copy &
paste action will not only copy text, but all other objects e.g. check
boxes, gif icons, embedded hypertext links to excel worksheet.

To remove them all, I need to goto each cell, point the mouse to these
objects / links then press right mouse button and select cut / remove
hyperlink which is a tedious job.

Are there more efficient ways to get rid of these not needed objects /
links ?

Tks :(