Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Find a range of values in a range of cells

Regarding:
I suggest you try now to start familiarizing your
workbook with Excel Array Sum Function

Not really necessary in this instance.

You might want to take a few minutes and investigate the SUMPRODUCT
function. In many cases, it replaces the array version of SUM.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"driller" wrote:

"I would also like a similar formula that totals the values in that same
range."

I suggest you try now to start familiarizing your workbook with Excel Array
Sum Function.

using array sum function of excel with ctrl-shift-enter validation..

?NO.1
to COUNT the cells within G4:G780 between 100 and 500
G1 = 100 H1=500
on G2
= SUM((G4:G780=G1)*(G4:G780<=H1))
on edit mode *press ctrl-shift-enter* excel will check the array
formula...and will look like this, dont place the braces {}..
{= SUM((G4:G780=G1)*(G4:G780<=H1)}

?NO.2
to SUM the values on cells within G4:G780 between 100 and 500
G1 = 100 H1=500
on G2
= SUM((G4:G780=G1)*(G4:G780<=H1)*(G4:G780))
on edit mode *press ctrl-shift-enter* excel will check the array
formula...and will look like this, dont place the braces {}..
{= SUM((G4:G780=G1)*(G4:G780<=H1)*(G4:G780))}

"Jack Taylor" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that contains contribution data. Each cell in the range
G4 through G780 contain individual contribution amounts.

I would like be able to devise a formula that looks at that entire range,
and then counts the number of occurrances in a certain range. For example:

I need the formula to look at the entire range (G4 through G780), find all
occurrances of values that occur between the values 100 and 500, then produce
a count of those that fall within that range. I would also like a similar
formula that totals the values in that same range.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving!