Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Eliminating the zeroes from the calculation

Hi

You could use a formula posted recently by Harlan Grove.
Instead of using the Minimum value to divide by, you use the Small
function, taking the smallest non zero value

=A1/(SMALL(A:A,COUNTIF(A:A,"=0")+1))

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"zealot" wrote in message

Hello there!

I wonder if you can help me in this question. I have a MIN function
which calculates the smallest value in a list of percentages and then
divides each percentage by the smallest in the list. It works fine
until one of the percentages becomes zero with the resulting
division-by-zero error. Do you think it is possible to make the MIN
function to exclude all instances (there may be more than one zero) of
zeroes from its calculation? I have attached the spreadsheet.

Thank you for your time,

|Filename: division by zero.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84|

zealot