Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pasty Pasty is offline

Default Date and text movement

The cells involved are a planned end date, actual end date, End date for
closed actions, open actions, closed actions, controls and a yes/no drop down
box for if actions become controls.

If the planned end date equals the actual end date and they choose yes for
the "action becomes a control" then the open action gets put added to the
"controls" text. put into the "closed actions" column and the date gets put
into a "End date for closed actions" column.

If the planned end date equals the actual end date and they choose no for
the "action becomes a control" then the open action only gets put into the
the "closed action" column along with the date which goes into the "End date
for closed actions" column

"David Biddulph" wrote:

You may need to explain more clearly what you are trying to do, and what is
in the various input cells.

Your function
AND(P2,J2&" "&K2)
will be confused, because AND is looking for logicals as its inputs, and at
least one of the arguments you've given it is a text string (and I guess the
other argument you've given it may be a date?).
--
David Biddulph

"Pasty" wrote in message
=IF(O2=P2,AND(P2,J2&" "&K2),P2)

I want my register to put a date in to a field if its done on time (there
will be a planned date already specified) and also move text from one cell
and add it onto another one to show that it has been carried out and no
longer needs actioning

Can this be done?