Gord Dibben

CC

Which version of Excel do you have that has a "Clear Columns" option when
protecting a sheet?

2002 and 2003 do not have this option.

In any case, you will have to unprotect the sheet to have F5Special
available.

You could do the whole thing using a macro if you wish to venture into that.

Sub Macro1()

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme" 'your PWord
Cells.Select
'if just want one column use Columns("A:A").Select

Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 1).Select
Selection.ClearContents

ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True

End Sub

This code unprotects the sheet, selects all cells then selects numerics cells
only and clears those then re-protects the sheet.

Gord

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:35:10 -0800, "CC" wrote:

Hey Gord:
This works GREAT...until I Protect the sheet. I have the "Clear Columns"
unlocked, and the rest locked. Any suggestions?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

CC

Assume you don't want to lose formulas.

CTRL + A(twice in 2003) to select all cells.

F5SpecialConstants. Choose what you do or do want to select then OK your
way out.

Right-clickClear Contents.

Record a macro while you do this and assign to a button.

Or make it a Template as Paul suggests.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:01:02 -0800, "CC" wrote:

I have created an electronic order form and would like to make it reusable.
Is it possible to install a Reset or a Clear button, so the 'quantity'
columns will go back to 0?