Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] bobbly_bob@hotmail.com is offline

Default Select 50 greatest values with column matching

Alrighty, not sure how excatly to put this.

We have a database with about 4000 entries in it dating back over about
2 years.

There are 5 people using a macro to dump info into this sheet all
throughout the year.

Say there is cell a1 and the table is a6:c4000. column A contains the
values TG, GT or GB, randomly spread out throughout the sheet and every
cell in a6:a4000 will contain one of those.

If column B contains the date that these entries were made, I need to
use column B to find the 50 most recent entries where the value in
column a matches the value put into cell a1 (either TG, GT or GB) and
return the corresponding value from column C