Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Piper Piper is offline

Default formating individual cells

Cheers Sandy

Frae Hammy in the Scottish Borders!

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Try:

=ABS(O6*P10)

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"piper" wrote in message
No such luck but thanks what I am trying to achieve is for example in cell
'O'11 I need to place the formula to produce the answer. In cell 'O'6 the
the number I want to multipy the number in cell 'P'10 with this produces
an
negative answer and I need to try and get it to produce a positive answer
by
somehow getting rid of the minus sign in the answer cell O11. Sum I am
doing
is 0.36 x -23.5 = -8.46 need to tyry and get it to become 8.46. ?.

"Bill Kuunders" wrote:

Assuming the two cells are in A1 and B1
enter in C1
=-A1-B1

Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K

"piper" wrote in message
Hi, I am trying to format individual cells to give me a negative
answer,
can
this be done. Example: 2 + 2 = 4 I need to try and get the answer to
become
2 + 2 = -4 any help would be appreciated thanks in anticipation!