Ken Wright

You don't need any formulas with the instructions I gave you

When you get the Find/Replace box up, put the cursor in the Find What bit
and hit the space bar once. Leave the Replace with empty and hit OK.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Cthulhu" wrote in message
Wow, I seem to be so close. I don't understand why the formula won't

carry
down the column without an error.

I also do not know how to replace space with nothing. What am I typing

for
"FInd what" and "Replace with"?

"Ken Wright" wrote:

Select all your data and do Edit / Replace, replacing space with

noithing,
as already suggested. Then type a 1 in a cell somewhere, copy the cell,
select all your data and do Edit / Paste Special / values & multiply, or
copy an empty cell and select all and do Edit / Paste Special / values

and
Add.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Cthulhu" wrote in message
Thank you all for your suggestions.

SauveC--

I did try your suggestion combined with Julie's. It worked perfectly

for
the first cell. When I tried to drag the fromula down the rest of the
worksheet, however, I get a "#VALUE" error. Now what? :)