Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Return a value from a table using Column and row names as input?

Hi

Use the MATCH function as well as INDEX.

=INDEX($A$1:E$6,MATCH(Name,$A$A,0),MATCH(week,($1: $1,0))

Substitute the word Name and Week with the cell references holding the
Company and Week Number or insert their text as "Company2" and "Week 44"
for example.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Olle" wrote in message
What cellformula, using column and row names, return a specific value
from a
table like below? (I cant use the INDEX function since I dont know the
column
or row numbers in the actual table, only the names)

A B C D F

1 Week 42 Week 43 Week 44 Week 45
2 Company 1 67% 71% 69% 81%
3 Company 2 45% 78% 79% 73%