Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default Compare Values

Create a helper column for the range containing the same functions as for the
compare cell and compare the cell to this helper range!

Regards,
Stefi

Wiz ezt *rta:

I need to compare the value of a cell to the values in a range of cells.
Problem is, these alpha-numeric values may have spaces and/or dashes, which
need to be ignored. Example- ab-uty should find abuty, a buty, and a-b uty as
duplicates. I have tried to use the substititute function to clear the
dashes and spaces, which works well for the compare cell, but will not work
on the range. Am I outta luck here?