Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Summary sheet/ hide rows

Sally

Formulas cannot do formatting such as hiding rows.

Formulas pull values and show those values.

You could perhaps use Conditional Formatting to change the font color to white
if data does not meet specs.

Or you would have to use VBA.......either a macro or event code.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:28:01 -0800, Sally in Toronto
wrote:

Hi!

I am trying to produce a summary worksheet that automatically only contains
rows from another worksheet that meet a certain criteria.
I have been trying to write an "if" statement that only copies those cell
that meet the criteria but if they don't, hide the row.

This is a constant recurring task for me, so I don't want to have to
manually run macros and/or filters every time I want to look at the summary
sheet.

This means every cell must have an "if" formula.

I have seen a number of VBA scripts (in other messages) to hide rows but can
I enter them as part of a formula?

I hope I have explained this properly. Thanks for any help.

Sally.