Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default How to write a simple copy-paste macro?

RHR

Can be frustrating learning a new tool (Just be assured that Excel doesn't
get to number one without being better and more flexible, particularly as
1-2-3 ruled the world once)

Sub CopyAndPaste
ActiveCell.Copy Destination:=ActiveCell.Offset(1,0)

HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
DTHIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"R. H. Rosenberg" wrote in message
I've used 123 for over 20 years - simple, easy to learn and use, but my XP
OS doesn't handle it well, so I'm trying to move to Excel. But in Excel I
can't even write a simple macro such as: Copy from a cell, move down one
space, Paste. It will do this once, but then not continue. If I run it
from another cell - just restarts from the original cell.
Without further comment, I learned this macro in 2 minutes on 123. I've
been working with Excel for a week now, and I'd appreciate some help. To
recap, I simply want to be able to choose a cell having data, run a Copy
macro and have it paste to the cell below- why is this so damn hard? .

Thanks for any help.

RHR