Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default add identifiers to a list of numbers

Thank you for responding

I was actually trying to get excel to automate the process so that I could
tell excel I want 2 of each number and it will duplicate the numbers and add
the -1 and -2. I can get the input boxes and stuff like that but I am not
sure how to get excel to make 2 of each number and label them€¦does that make
sense?

"tim m" wrote:

In a column to the right of your 1111, 1111, 1112, 1112, 1113, 1113 column I
put this formula: =A1&"-1" and in the next cell down I put this formula
=A2&"-2"
This created 1111-1 and then 1111-2. I then highlighted those two formulas
and copied them down and it gave me 1112-1, 1112-2, 1113-1, 1113-2

Is that what you wanted?

"Mike" wrote:

I am looking for some help€¦I am trying to find a way to make duplicates and
add identifiers to a list of numbers. I can generate the sequential numbers
no problem (easy I know) but I am having trouble finding a way to get the
list repeat each number say twice and add a €ś-1€ť to the first one and a €ś-2€ť
to the second. For example:
I can get:
1111
1112
1113

But I cant figure out how to get
1111 1111-1
1111 1111-2
1112 OR 1112-1
1112 1112-2
1113 1113-1
1113 1113-2

Can some one point me in the right direction?