Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Copy rows to another worksheet

Sally

Advanced filter WILL copy to another sheet.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for how-to.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfi...html#ExtractWs

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:04:02 -0800, Sally in Toronto
wrote:

Thank you for your help Don.

Still finding this cumbersome. I have multiple sections(12) with about 200
records within my "Detailed worksheet" and thus I have to filter on each
section and copy/paste each one across. (Advanced filter doesn't copy to
another sheet)

Is there an "IF" function that I can write on my summary sheet that queries
if data exists in my detailed sheet, then copy, if not, then (either hide row
or query next row)?

Thanks Sally.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

One easy way is to use datafilterautofiltercopy/paste. If a continuing
need, record a macro modify to find the last row+1 on the destination sheet

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Sally in Toronto" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

Can someone describe how I can automatically copy rows that meet a certain
criteria from one worksheet to another worksheet?

I am trying to create a summarry page with only those rows that contain
data
in the "detailed worksheet" get copied and inserted into the summarry
page.
I would like the rows in the summary worksheet to be inserted below each
other.
Is this possible?

Sally.