Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Hyett Paul Hyett is offline

Default MS Office 2003 - no spreadsheet names on taskbar?

In microsoft.public.excel.misc on Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Andy Pope
wrote :

Paul Hyett wrote:
Hi,
I've previously used MS Office XP (SBE), and when I opened a range
of spreadsheets, the names all used to appear in the windows taskbar,
making it easy to switch between them.
Now I've migrated to Office 2003, that no longer seems to happen,
necessitating selecting them by the Windows drop-down menu, which is a
PITA.
Is there a way of getting the names of all open spreadsheets to
appear in the taskbar, as with the previous version?
TIA.

Check Tools Options View Windows in Taskbar. is checked.

It is.

However, it turns out I had 'group similar items together' ticked on the
taskbar. I've now turned that off, and it seems to have cured the
problem.

Thank you for your help.
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham