Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Ctrl-Space Column Selection No Longer Working

kris

Thanks for reporting the fix in your case.

Now we have it archived on google.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 22 Nov 2006 03:59:58 -0800, wrote:

MPW wrote:
Kris,

I'm experiencing this same behavior. Ctrl+Space doesn't work, however
your sequence does work.

I can get Ctrl+Space to work if I hold down one of the Ctrl keys, hit
and release Space, hold down the other Ctrl key, release the first Ctrl
key and hit Space again. That selects the column. This is really odd.
I checked the keyboard settings and they are normal too.

Anyone have any further advice? Thanks for the help so far.

- MPW

wrote:
MPW schreef:

Recently, the Control+Space keyboard combination to select a column in
Excel (2003) stopped working. The Control and Space keys work fine on
their own and all other Control combinations work. Shift+Space for row
selection works also.

I'm not sure what I changed on my system to prompt this change, but
"Detect and Repair..." doesn't do anything, even if I have it reset all
my customization. I've tried removing all my Add-Ins, customized
toolbars, and Personal Macro Book to no avail. I have the EXACT same
configuration on my laptop and Ctrl+Space works fine on that machine.
I've been working with Excel for years and have never seen this
behavior.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem! Not only in excel, but in other programs as
well.

I can still do it this way:

Push RIGHT-CRTL+SPACE, release SPACE, push LEFT-CTRL, release
RIGHT-CRTL, push SPACE....

Any ideas? I think its a windows setting.

On my pc it turned out a Logitec video process that was doing this. I
killed the process and the problem stopped.

I then unistalled the Logitech webcam.

Kris