Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default converting results from formula to text in a new column

EditPaste SpecialValues will give you the result of the formula in the
cell you copied rather than the pasting the formula itself.

Alternatively you can rt-click to paste & choose Paste Special from the
contextual menu or simply Paste, then use the Paste Options button to select
Values Only.

If you want the pasted content to actually be treated as text you will still
have to reformat the cell using FormatCells - Text.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/22/06 10:59 AM, in article
, "nodotdak"
wrote:

I have a column that I have a formula in. I want to take the results of the
formula and copy it into a new column so I can copy it as text. Thanks.