Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default GETPIVOTDATA

Dave,

If you change the PT, GETPIVOTDATA will still retrieve the correct data - your cell reference won't.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Dave F" wrote in message
Does anyone have an opinion about the utility of this function? I've just
been handed a spreadsheet with a bunch of pivot tables, and a bunch of
calculations which use the GETPIVOTDATA function.

My take is it's easier just to enter the cell reference of the pivot table
value you want to use in a calculation. Am I missing something here? What
are the advantages, if any, of the GETPIVOTDATA function?

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.