Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff Biff is offline

Default Help with SumIf

Nah, just that the post isn't as clear as it could be.

Biff

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
"Biff" wrote in message
No typo.

mmmmmm......

It must just be me being the poor cousin again then <g

--

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Biff" wrote in message
No typo.

If I format a cell as mmm-yy and type in Nov-06 Excel (2002) shows it in
the formula bar as 11/6/2006.

If I don't preformat the cell and type in Nov-06 Excel automatically
converts it to 6-Nov and shows 11/6/2006 in the formula bar.

Biff

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
If I type in Nov-06 Excel evaluates it as Nov 6 2006 not Nov 2006

I assume that it is a typo because my XL97 evaluates Nov-06 to November
1 2006 not the 6th

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Biff" wrote in message
Hold on there a second.......

In column A I have the month and Year "Nov-06".

If you have dates like Nov-06 how do you know what day of the month
that is?

If I type in Nov-06 Excel evaluates it as Nov 6 2006 not Nov 2006

Seems to me that you should use the full date.

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(A1:A10)),--(DAY(A1:A10)<12),C1:C10)

Biff

"Raj" wrote in message
I am new to using formulas in Excel and need some help with using
SumIf and a
date.
In column A I have the month and Year "Nov-06". I would like to do
is have
Column C Sum only if the current day is < 12 of the month.
Thanks