Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
toni.gee toni.gee is offline

Default How do I create a leading zero in a number field, (i.e. 0301234)?

Assuming that all the numbers contain the same number of digits (say, 7 in
your example), set the cell number format to 0000000 (via the Format - Cells
- Number - Custom option). Any numbers entered upto 7 digits in length will
be padded with leading zeros to make it 7 digits long.

"Jim Clay" wrote:

I have numbers that need to be added to my spreadsheet that contain a leading
zero, same as the subject. It is part of the number, some also have 1s or 2s
so the zero is an imporatant part of the number.