Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Allllen Allllen is offline

Default How do I set up formula to copy format from one worksheet to anoth

you can't "link" the formatting in the same way as you link the contents

what you need to do is to copy all the cells in your sheet

X A B C ...
1
2

click on the grey square which I have illustrated with the X
this selects all the cells in the sheet

press control-C (copy)

go to your new sheet and select the same X square

now do edit paste special format / column width.

if you are doing this very frequently, the idea would be to do it once as
described above, thus creating a sheet callled TEMPLATE.

Then each time you need to have another one, you can just right click on
that sheet and do move/copy.

HTH
--
Allllen

"sky" wrote:

How do I set up a formula to copy both value and format from one worksheet to
another?
When I use the = sign, it copy the value only. How do I get the format be
copied also?