Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Andrea@Lackey Andrea@Lackey is offline

Default when I data sort my formulas change

I will definitely try that and let you know if it works. Thanks for the advice!

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Perhaps you need to use Absolute References in your formula.

For example
Perhaps =SUM(A1:A5)
Should be =SUM(A$1:A$5)

For more information:
Search Excel Help for "range reference"
Read this section: About cell and range references

Does that help?

If no....please provide more details about what you're doing and what's
going wrong.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Andrea@Lackey" wrote:

I have a fairly large spreadsheet that involves adding and deleting rows
based on bills paid to date. I am using a "sumif" stipulation on the
worksheet to add everything from this one vendor in this one department. I
would like to be able to add rows on the bottom, then sort the data. The
problem I'm having is that when I do this, the formulas get all mixed up.
For example is refering to a1:a5 before I sort. I add a line at the bottom
that pushes the first row down. The formula now refers to a2:a6. I would
like that formula to refer to a1:a6.