Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default How to display date as week number

No, I was suggesting that you add the year number to the weeknumber and just
test as before. 200701 comes after 200652, so it caters for year overlap.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Steen" wrote in message
Hi Bob

Yes why not - in the first place I didn't want to use more columns - do I
need more columns to do it this way?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Why don't you use year and week number?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Yes, you could use conditional formatting.

Let's start by assuming the weeknum is in column A, and status is in

column
B, and the data starts in row 2.

Select all of the rows in column A and B that you want to test.

Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
Add a formula of =AND($A220,$B2<"Closed")
Click the format button
Select Pattern tab
Choose a colour
OK
OK

This tests for later than week 20

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Steen" wrote in message
Hi Bob and all you others that have been kindly to invest time in

this
issus.

I almost new it - it's not possible to do. Could it then be done the

other
way arround?

I am using week number as deadline in a col and status in another

col
and
would like to give a color (red) to deadlines that are after due

date
(read
week) which dont have the status closed. (if closed whitin do date

color
green).

Can this be done?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

No it is not. You can get the week number in an adjacent cell, but

there
is
no weeknumber format.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Steen" wrote in message
Hi

Is is possible to display a date (2006.11.19) as week number

(47)?

I have tried to find a usefull format in format cells..., but it

seems
that
is not possible - no "ww" in there...

Any help would be appriciated.