Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry Tipsy Terry Tipsy is offline

Default Duplicate company name to be deleted

A simple solution would be to first sort the company names ascending then
insert an 'If' formula in another column to indicate if the the company name
is a duplicate, or is unique, such as =IF(A2=A1,"Duplicate","Unique"). This
formula is based on the assumption your data has a heading above the first
company name and the name is in cell A2.
--
T Tipsy

"Mat" wrote:

Dear Friends,

I have a column with 2000 company names (Row 1 to Row 2000), which includes
duplicates. I need to delete the duplicate names and keep only one unique
name in the column.

Regards

Mat