Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
PaulW PaulW is offline

Default Add vertical lines to a line chart (already has 2 Y axis)

Hi, I have a report I update each month. And while most of the information is
based on numbers one of the series is a percentage, so has it own axis.

I've set up the spreadsheet so that each week when data is added then
another part of the spreadsheet shows it, this part of the spreadsheet only
shows the last 28 weeks, so I have no need to change the cells the graph is
looking at (since it always shows the last 28 weeks)

The problem is that I need to have vertical lines to show different months.
The closest i've managed is to put a seconardy X axis with gridlines for
every month. But this unfortunatly starts where the Y Axis crosses, which is
the 15th May, so this shows the 15th of each month, rather than statically
the first/last of each month.

I've had a look on this forum, and found
But I couldn't get it to work. I followed it a few times and I must be
getting something wrong because when I paste the information I get a zig zag
line on the left side, it doesn't correspond to the x axis. And when I change
it to scatter type it disappears altogether, and moves the graph so the left
Y Axis goes down to -50, when there are no minus figures on the graph.

Can anyone help me? drawing lines onto the graph and moving them isn't too
productive...