Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] famehunter@gmail.com is offline

Default how to replace cell references with actual numbers

Thank you JLatham,
I wish I could use this, but they want actual numbers in formula
format.

On Nov 20, 10:59 am, JLatham <HelpFrom @ Jlathamsite.com.(removethis)
wrote:
Would it be acceptable to simply have the cell that is doing the referencing
have the equivalent of =29 in it? After all =SUM(14+15) does equal 29.

If so, you can use Edit | Copy combined with Edit | Paste Special and choose
the [Values] option in the Paste Special dialog.

How to use it:
highlight all of the cells with the formulas you want to convert to "hard"
numbers and use Edit | Copy, then without unselecting anything, turn right
around and choose Edit | Past Special and make sure that the [Values] option
is selected and hit OK. Then the cell with =Sum(Sheet1!B5+Sheet1!B4) will
simply have 29 placed into it.

Hope this helps some.

" wrote:
i need to find a shortcut, maybe a marco to replace the formula the
refers to cell references on another worksheet to dispay actual
numbers.

For example, I have =sum(Sheet1!B5+Sheet1B4) in sheet2, and i need to
have =sum(14+15), where B5=14 and B4=15 in sheet2.

please help, i have a really, really long list to work with and
wouldn't want to do this by hand....- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -