Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brian Denny Brian Denny is offline

Default Adding a letter to the beginning of each part number of a colu

Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate your help!

Brian Denny

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you have to preserve leading 0's:

="TK" & text(a1,"00000")

And copy down.

Brian Denny wrote:

I am trying to import a huge list of part numbers from an Excel spreadsheet
to our item list in our accounting software, and we like to preceed each part
number by a 2 letter designation that tells us who our supplier is. Example:
Techniks supplies toolholders for us. One of their part numbers is 21003,
and all of them are purely numeric. I need to preceed each of about 2000
part numbers from this excel spreadsheet they have provided us with TK for
Techniks so the part number would be TK21003.

Any easy ways to get this done. I will probably need to make a helper
column, but that's fine. I appreciate any suggestions.

Brian Denny

--

Dave Peterson