Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default "line chart" won't display lines

Are there blank cells between plotted points? By default Excel skips these,
leaving a gap. Go to Tools menu Options Chart tab, and choose
Interpolate as the option for blank cells.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there,

I have four time series sets of data points. want to convert them into
a line chart. excel displays the data points, but does not connect them
with lines. i have clicked on the data series, selected automatic -- it
did not work. i tried custom, and selected a line, then a thicker line,
and these did not work. I'm sure its simple, but I couldn't find a
solution on the internet. can anyone help? thanks!