Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Auto-filter question

If you only want to see one arror--only apply data|filter|autofilter to that
single column. (I don't see the point of autofiltering 12 columns and then
hiding 11 arrows.)

If you want to see multiple arrows, but not in contiguous columns, you can use
the technique at Debra Dalgleish's site:

http://contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Hide

Dallman Ross wrote:

Can auto-filter be engaged for a column, yet not have the
pull-down arrow showing? I'd prefer that. Or can one
mix advanced filtering and auto-filter?

I'm using auto-filtering across about 12 columns, but really
only need it actively on one; the others, I have it activated
in because I set something once and leave it alone thereafter.
I'd prefer not to have to stare at all the arrows.

-dman-

--

Dave Peterson