Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MACAVITY500 MACAVITY500 is offline

Default Check Boxes

Thank you Mike that is really helpful

"Mike Rogers" wrote:

MACAVITY500

Check "Help" on the difference between the two types. They both have their
attributes and depending on what your goal is would determine which one to
use. But I can help you put in a column or row without code. (There is also
code out there that will do it). Forms: place the first one where you want
it relative to the cell, but make sure you can still get to the drag handle
on the cell so don't cover that up. Once it is where and the way you want
just get the drag bar and drag which ever direction you want, row or column.
These can be linked to the cell they are in (or any cell for that matter).
DO NOT link them before you drag because it will also drag that link. Do
your linking after if you are going to link to a cell. The control tool box
is done much the same way with the exception that you must be in design mode
to drag them. While in design mode you can set more properties and do
different things then with the forms checkbox.

If all you want is a check mark in a cell there are ways of doing that. It
requires code and if that will work for you post back and I think I can help
with that.

Does this help you?

Mike Rogers

"MACAVITY500" wrote:

What are the differences between Check boxes made by the Forms toolbar and
Check boxes made by the Control toolbox?
I would also like to know if there is a quick way of putting a whole column
or row of check boxes or maybe copying a whole column of boxes to a different
column?
Thanks in appreciation.