Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default find date that meets a criteria

You can use OFFSET if you can make a row reference.

First let's insert a helper column, column D
In D1 enter = B1-C1 and copy down.
The 11 is now visible and

=OFFSET(A1,(MATCH(MAX(D:D),D:D,0)-1),0,1,1)

will return the value in column A the corresponds to the max in column D.
--
Gary''s Student

"tkraju via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I have a range a1:c500.col A is "date",Col B is "high value",Col C is "Low
value".The basic calculation is "high value" minus "Low value" is volatile
value of the day.I need a function to find most volatile day from the above
range.
Col A(Date)-----------Col B(high value)-------------------Col C(Low value)
From the above example the maximum difference value is 11(101-90),so the
most volatile day is 16-NOV.I tried with offset function ,could not succeed.
Please help.