Cthulhu

Default TRIM?

I have a very simple spreadsheet with two columns of numbers. All I want to
do is add the numbers, which I understand I can do with the SUM function.

My problem is that each number has a blank space at the end of it, so the
sum function returns a "0" total when adding the columns. I determined I
could delete the blank space at the end of the numbers and the SUM would work
fine. However the spreadsheet has almost 200 entries and my fingers are
tired.

I cannot seem to get the TRIM function to work, and indenting the cells has
no impact on the formula working.

How can I get rid of these pesky spaces?

Thank you.