Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gaetan58 Gaetan58 is offline

Default Rearrange numbers from a column in a different order in a second c

Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 on Windows. I have a list of 4800 numbers in a
column divided by groups of 5 within a larger group of 80. I need to
rearrange them in a second column with a different order but with a pattern.
Each group of five consecutive numbers are separated by a jump of 6 numbers
up to 75, starting at number ''1''. By using exactly the same pattern, start
this time with number ''6'' up to 80. The same pattern is repeated from 81 to
160, ... up to 4800.

I'm not an expert. Is there an efficient way to rearrange these numbers? Any
help would be great!

In other words, in column A, you have numbers from 1 to 4800. In column B, I
need the numbers to be in the following order:

A B

1 1 1st group of 80
2 2
3 3
4 4
5 5
6 11
7 12
8 13
9 14
10 15
11 21
12 22
13 23
14 24
15 25
16 31
17 32
18 33
19 34
20 35
'' ''
'' ''
36 71
37 72
38 73
39 74
40 75
41 6
42 7
43 8
44 9
45 10
46 16
47 17
48 18
49 19
50 20
51 26
52 27
53 28
54 29
55 30
56 36
57 37
58 38
59 39
60 40
61 46
62 47
63 48
64 49
65 50
66 56
67 57
68 58
69 59
70 60
71 66
72 67
73 68
74 69
75 70
76 76
77 77
78 78
79 79
80 80 2nd group of 80 with identical pattern to group 1
81 81
82 82
83 83
84 84