Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Will 7 IFs remain ?

What are you talking about?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"driller" wrote:

thanks for reply with a hard question...I thought you can help me solve this
question ?
It look like "sumproduct" is a longer word than IF"...anyway...

in common english simple term = sumproduct is the sum of product.

Maybe its better to put a standard excel suffix, hear like sumproductif -
same with the rest countif, sumif...to avoid the common denominators
perception of a very poor english formula name will provide a correct result.
Ain't it?

"Allllen" wrote:

Why don't you think it would work?
1) seven ifs work
2) sumproduct works
so why shouldn't they work together?

question is, can you make them work together?
--
Allllen

"driller" wrote:

I donot know yet until now if it is possible to have an excel standard 7 IFs
formula in one cell wherein it will be merged with the proclaimed gem known
as sumproduct. something like this...
=if(a1=11, SUMPRODUCT(--(A1$J$2:$J$4),(A1-$J$2:$J$4), $L$2:$L$4,
),if(b11=12,sumprod...........,sumprod( (x:x)= "n",(y:y)="m",z:z)))))))))

Does anyone from our mvps and medallist do this research, a question of 7
Ifs integrity ?