Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Bob P. and Roger G. -- IF(and(...IF(OR( vs. IF(Boolean

As with a speech, you should know your audience.

If your audience is yourself or another technically/mathematically/logic
-literate user, then by all means use whatever works.

If that means addressing the lowest common denominator, then so be it.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

So we should build spreadsheets for the lowest common denominator?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dave F" wrote in message
Of course, if you're the only one using the spreadsheet you should use
whatever formula you want as long as it returns the correct result!

My experience has been, however, that many people are either unable or
unwilling to take the time to figure out what an unfamiliar formula does.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.