Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Allllen Allllen is offline

Default Can I skip all these questions?

Record a macro to help you open the file. Here's how. It will work if you
have always got that other file stored in the same place with the same name.

First do a test:

1 Go into excel.
2 Do tools macro record new macro. Call it OpenSesame and store it in
this workbook
3 From the file menu in excel, open the file which you are talking about in
the usual way you do it.
4 immediately afterit has opened, click the little blue square stop button

Now as long as you have got this workbook open (workbook 1), you can do
Tools Macro Run Macro OpenSesame and it will open that workbook for you.

Does that work? Always?

If so, then the next step is to close excel completely and do it all again.
This time choose Personal Macro Workbook to save it in.
Now it will always be available to you when you run excel.
From the Macros menu you can even choose a keyboard shortcut to make it run.
And you can even use tools customise to put a button on your menus to make
it run.

--
Allllen

"grok" wrote:

I have an app appending to a file and I monitor it by opening it from excel
read-only. It works fine except I sure get tried of clicking Next to say
"Yes, accept Delimited file type just as you already selected" and clicking
Next again to say "Yes, I want Tab just as you already selected" and clicking
Finish to say "No, I don't want to change column formats."

Is there some way that I can get it to just open the filewithout all these
questions?

grok