Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BRYAN J MCGLADE BRYAN J MCGLADE is offline

Default Counting values across merged cells.

I'm trying to count the number of values of a particular type in a column of
data. However the colum contains some cells that are merged across rows. The
problem I have is that only the left most colum has a value in the merged
cell. All the other's are zero and so are not able to be counted.

At the moment all I can think of is to write a VB script to solve this
problem.

I'dhave thought this was a very common issue with a merged cell but I can't
find any fixes for it.

thanks!

Bryan.