hi,
you are coping the conditional format to the other cell.
if the condition isn't there then the color wont show.
if you want the color in the other cell then best just set
the color.
range("a1").interior.colorindex = 42
if you don't know the color indexs then in a blank
workbook past the folowing in a module. save it for future
reference.
Sub macGetColors()
' Macro written 2/10/02 by FSt1
Sheets("Sheet1").Select