Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Art Art is offline

Default any problem here ?

Teethlessmama...i know a1=b1 and formatting, what i do not know is how come
this fx form result is not the result in the cell. How to assure an
incorporated or mixed functions under one formula if there is an interfacing
difficulties between the form and the cell ?
thanks anyway

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Formula in B1 =A1
Fomat as general

"art" wrote:

on A1 i type 1/1/06 (date.Jan.1.2006)
then B1 i click fx function button click Datevalue
pop-up form appear and under beside the Date_text : A1 :
and from there you can see the = 38718 (my expected answer) and then hit
enter.
Arggghhhh. on cell B1 i see this #VALUE!.
Where does this come from, since the pop-up form had already shown to me the
correct result and then from nowhere somebody place in cell B1 the
#VALUE!...any tricks behind this?
--
"Simple things amuse simple minds"