Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default Help - Daughter

LOL!

That is excellent out-of-the-box reasoning. {grin}

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
Hi Tushar

You came to the same conclusion as my earlier posting, that this
particular example can be easily solved with pen and paper, and the same
mathematical result of $303.

However, my prize would be to the student who thinks like Wal-Mart and
says I can make $616.50.

If I stack one chair "seat down" on another chair, I can get in twice
the number of chairs.
Also, I can put the chairs on top of the tables, so in total I can stock
37 tables and 150 chairs.
As for the other constraints, well I'll tell the manufacturer because of
the large order I am giving him, I am going to reduce retail prices to
$9 for Tables and $6 for Chairs and he can have 50% of that figure to
manufacture, as well as give me 180 days credit.
I will have all the money in from sales before I need to pay him.

Only sell 40 chairs, why at my prices I can sell heaps more.
Advertising 1 table plus 4 chairs for $33 compared with my competitors
$47 I will sell out easily and make $616.50 profit compared with his
$303.
Or maybe the profit would only be $604.50 as the 2 "surplus" chairs
would probably be broken, stolen or be some sort of inventory loss.

Said with large tongue in cheek<bg