Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PaulW PaulW is offline

Default Open an external application

I have it working without sub directories ie\ C:\Userguide.r1w but as soon as
i attempt to add folders it wont open ie\ C:\Folder1\Folder2\Userguide.r1w

Can you help

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

You will need to replace
C:\Userguide.r1w
with your path and file name

This should work if the file associations are correct; that is, if you can
manually open the .r1w file by double-clikcing its icon.
--
Gary's Student

"PaulW" wrote:

Hi Gary,

thanks for the quick responce, all this is doing is opening the MS-DoS
window launching the cmd.exe file within the System32 folder?

Am i missing something?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Something like

Sub Macro1()
x = Shell("cmd.exe /c C:\Userguide.r1w", 1)
Gary's Student

"PaulW" wrote:

Within our company we use WRQ Reflections, as part of my job i programme vba
in both excel and Reflections.

I have managed to get Refections to open office applications when run, but i
can figure out the code to open a Reflections session from within Excel.

The extention for the sessions are .r1w

if anyone knows of any code i would be grateful.

Many thanks