Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
The Fool on the Hill The Fool on the Hill is offline

Default Formula "do if red": Possible?

Hello Fak,

Well I don't know of a formula that recognises colour.

Maybe you would want to add a column (B), in which you add a particular
character or message, which canbe used in the formula.
For instance A45 has colour red, then in B45 you type the word red and then
you could use your formula IF(B45="red";1;2) .

But I am intrigued, what is your criteria to make an amount red?

Kind regards,

Jay

"fak119" wrote:

No, unfortunately not

Felix

"The Fool on the Hill" wrote:

Hey Fak,

Is there a particular reason why the amounts are in red?

Because if the amounts are less than 0, you could use
IF(A45<0;1;2) .

"fak119" wrote:

I have highlighted some amounts in red.

Is there a formula that recognizes the colour of the font, e.g.

IF(A45=red (is in red colour);1;2) ?