Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Programming or Function?

Well, it might be a little easier to maintain. <g

Gord Dibben wrote:
Thanks for getting me off the hook Debra<g

Beats the heck out of a gaggle of Case Selects.

Gord

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:48:51 -0500, Debra Dalgleish
wrote:

There's a sample workbook on my web site that shows a product name and
code in the Data Validation dropdown list. After an item is selected,
the cell shows only the product name. You could adapt this to your
workbook.

On the following page:

Under Data Validation, look for "DV0005 - Data Validation Columns"

jweasl wrote:

I have a large list of items - what I would like is when someone enters the
item code, the rest of the information (description, etc) fills in. I know I
can do this with AutoComplete - just wondering if there is a better way since
I am using a large list and don't want to type in each item description by
hand.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

--
Debra Dalgleish