Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jweasl jweasl is offline

Default Programming or Function?

Hi Gord!
I'm pretty familiar with Vlookup and Data Validation - I already use that in
another instance - but my issue here is I want to type in a cell and then
have the same cell's contents change. Looks like I need a Loop function, and
I have no experience with those :-(

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Check out help on VLOOKUP tables.

Also see Debra Dalgleish's site for more(and better) on VLOOKUP and Data
Validation lists for entering the item code.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:20:01 -0800, jweasl
wrote:

I have a large list of items - what I would like is when someone enters the
item code, the rest of the information (description, etc) fills in. I know I
can do this with AutoComplete - just wondering if there is a better way since
I am using a large list and don't want to type in each item description by
hand.