Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff Biff is offline

Default Data Validation drop down boxes, retreiving numbers

I'm assuming you have a price table setup?

You don't need a huge IF formula but without knowing how your price table is
setup it's impossible to make a specific suggestion.

Biff

"MDH" wrote in message
Heres the problem:
I have multiple steps to my drop down boxes. I'm using the data validation
method of linking the boxes, but the last one i would like it to come up
with
a given price for my product, other than using a huge 'IF' statement, how
can
i use the information that was just selected in the drop down boxes to
get
me to that end price?? As an example if i had 5 car comapines, then each
company has 5 models, and each model has 3 engine choices, how do i end up
with the price for that specific make/model/engine??? My actaul use for
spreadsheet has way more than just a few options under each box.
Any help would be more than greatly appriciated!!