Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] tom.tucker@lsi-industries.com is offline

Default MULTIPLE CRITERIA RETURNING SUM OF RESULTS

What I need to is search Column A for a certain number. Once it finds
all of that number then I need it to search Column E for another
number. Then I need to get the total of Column C and then return the
total to sheet 1 Cell A4. The formula you gave me worked, but it gave
me a total of 0, instead of what it should have been.

MDubbelboer wrote:
look into sumproduct

=sumproduct(--($A$1:$A$500="Something",--($C$1$:$C$500="Something
else"))

make sure that the ranges you're searching through are of equal length.
wrote:
I need to create a formula that will search through multiple columns
for different criteria and then give the sum of another column based
upon the search results. I tried using SUMIF, but it will only search
through one set of criteria. I need it to search for multiple criteria.