Leslie

Thank you to both Domenic and JE McGimpsey for your replies to my queries.
I'm in the process of trying your suggestions.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
one way:

=MID(B1&B2&B3&B1&B3&B2&B2&B3&B1&B2&B1&B3&B3&B2&B1& B3&B1&B2,
30*INT(RAND()*6)+INT(RAND()*5)+1,26)

In article ,
"Leslie" wrote:

I have a worksheet, cells, b1, b2 and b3 of which each contains a
10-digit
hexadecimal number.

In another cell, I have the following formula: =mid(b1&b2&b3,3,26)

I have two questions about the above formula.

First, how may I change it so that the three 10-digit numbers will not
always be combined in the order b1, b2, b3, but will be combined in
"random"
order?

Secondly, how may I change it so that the 30-digit number thus produced
is
reduced to 26 by choosing "randomly" whether to begin the 26-digit number
at
the 1st number of the 30 or a subsequent one?